Prime English Courses English for older Adults
These 2-week courses are designed for students over the age of 40 who prefer to study and socialise with people of their own age. The historic city of Salisbury, with restaurants, bars, shops, theatre and cinema in easy-walking distance, is a perfect study location for more mature students.
The courses consists of 3 hours of General English classes per day which take place from 0900 to 1230 Monday to Friday and Classes are given in groups with an average of 6 students (maximum 15) and all levels are available, including complete beginners.
Should the minimum number of students (4) not be attained for the course, Babylon School of English reserves the right to include the participants in our general classes. (Mature staff will always accompany the students on the activity programme).
The course also includes a varied programme of activities and excursions designed specifically for this age group, featuring such activities as evening visits to a typical restaurant, a trip to the opera, ballet or theatre, and a variety of excursions around the area.
The June course takes place during Salisbury’s International Arts Festival. The September course includes the Salisbury Food and Drink festival.
A typical social programme for a ‘Prime’ course may be as follows
- 2018 Starting dates: June 4-15 2018 September 17-28 2018
- Hours per day: 3 lessons (including 30-minute break) 09:00 – 10:30 and 11:00 – 12:30
- Levels: All levels
- Minimum age: 40
Course fee includes
- 14 night’s full-board single room accommodation with a carefully selected host family
- 30 hours of English Classes. – Level test – All course materials
- Programme of social & cultural activities (transport, entrance fees & teacher-guide included) and access to all the school facilities.
- End of course certificate
- Student insurance
All-inclusive price £800 including all lessons, activities, accommodation and airport transfers